I was cited for a CVB violation while vacationing in California, but I live in another state. Can I have my case transferred to the state where I live?

If you intend to contest your charges, you must appear in California. If you are interested in resolving your case through a guilty plea, there is a provision under Rule 58(c)(2) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure to allow transfer of your case for plea and sentencing.